When it comes to English breakfast pancakes, waffles and muffins come to our mind first. We are a big fan of waffles. And I just love to devour any kind of waffles you give me. Since I have a 15-month old I have to try my hands on different flavor to make sure he eats his breakfast well. So I thought why not to make something really healthy, and which also has properties which would make his immune strong, helps in the development and also keeps him full for longer. Since Covid-19 is still going on and ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon are considering really healthy so I thought of including them in my waffles today. Look through the recipe below and make sure to give this a try.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ smidgen of salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- Butter or oil to grease waffle iron
- Sieve the dry ingredients and mix them all together.
- Now whisk all the wet ingredients to a bowl and mix this good.
- Add dry ingredients to wet in 2 batches and make a lump-free batter.
- Heat waffle iron and when it’s hot grease it with butter or oil and add one ladle full of batter into it. Cook until your waffle iron indicate it’s cooked or done.
Serve this hot with some maple syrup and enjoy.
I have a mini waffle maker so I add 1 ladle full of batter. Adding the batter would depend on your waffle iron. Adjust adding of batter to the size of your waffle iron.