While everyone is at home sides and dips are a must. Why bore them with regular cilantro or mint chutney. Here is a healthy chutney recipe for you guys and I am sure everyone would love it. I thought of making some instant dinner yesterday and I made an instant Rava dosa batter. But since it was a light meal I wanted to make it balanced by giving something healthy, easy, quick, and filling chutney along with it. Then I thought of making this creamy peanut chutney and trust me this was the only quantity left for me. So let’s jump to making this healthy chutney.
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- Salt to taste
- Red pepper powder to taste
- Half green chili
- 2 whole red chili deseeded
- 1 tbsp urad dal white
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Pinch of asafetida
- Water to adjust the consistency
- In a pan dry roast the peanuts until dark golden brown. Take it out and keep aside.
- In the same pan add urad dal and red chili and roast until the urad dal is dark in color. Keep aside and cool down completely.
- Now blend all together, peanuts, salt, red chili, green chili, red pepper powder, urad dal, lemon juice, and some water until smooth consistency like a chutney. You can adjust the consistency according to your preference.
- Take a tempering pan and heat oil. Once hot enough add mustard seeds and asafetida and add it to your chutney. Give this a mix and serve it with any dosa, idli, vada.
I hope you’ll like my version of making this peanut chutney. Do give this a try, it’s yummy and healthy at the same time. See you all with another healthy recipe. Enjoy.!!