Hello and welcome to my blog. I hope you all must be doing great. Suddenly this morning we decided to go for a picnic and I was running out of time today and wanted to make a quick breakfast but then I saw this batch of Khichdi in my refrigerator and I felt so bad that we left so much of Khichdi last night and ended up storing it in. So I thought I would make something from it rather than cooking something new because nobody prefers to eat Khichdi the next day. Apart from this I also wanted to make something mess-free. So here I come up with this delicious leftover recipe of Khichdi. It’s a quick way to convert your Khichdi into yet another healthy recipe. So let’s begin.
- 1 cup leftover Khichdi
- 2 tbsp semolina
- Veggies (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- Pinch of asafetida
- Salt to taste
- Chili powder to taste
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Pinch of garam masala
- Pinch of citric acid
- So you just have to add semolina and other spices like salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder, garam masala, and citric acid to your Khichdi and give it a mix. Now if your Khichdi is too thick add little water and make a thick batter. If it’s too runny add more semolina. Spices can be adjusted to taste and here you can add whatever spice you want to add in.
- Grease muffin tray. I am using here mini pie molds. So I greased it and poured my batter in it.
- Meanwhile Preheat your oven to 350*F. While the oven is PreHeating let’s make the tempering. Heat a pan and add oil. When it’s hot enough add in the mustard seeds and asafetida. When it starts to crackle add in 1 tbsp water and boil.
- Now it’s up to you if you want to pour the tempering right now or after it’s baked. I poured the tempering equally on all of them.
- Now, bake this in the oven for 25-30 mins. Or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Enjoy the yummy version of Khichdi. Since I make Khichdi with veggies I skipped adding it to this. You can surely add some more veggies to make it extra healthy.
I hope you liked this recipe. Do give it a try and share with me your comments below. I would love to hear from you guys. Stay tuned for another healthy recipe. Bye and love u all.. !!! 🙌🏻🙏🏼😋