Onion Kulcha is a popular North Indian Bread Recipe. Kulcha and chole is a best combination and is famous in Amritsar and Delhi, India. Kulcha is a soft Indian bread made with all-purpose flour and can be served with any Gravy’s and Daal. You can make it simple or stuffed as per your choice. Kulcha is such an Indian bread that goes best with vegetarian or non-vegetarian dishes. Generally in India people go out and eat such breads but today I will share with you this easy and awesome recipe to make it at home. So let’s begin…
- For dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup curd
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp butter (ghee)/ oil
- For filling:
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 green chili finely chopped
1. In a wide bowl mix all the dry ingredients together. And then add all the wet ingredients and knead a dough. If needed add little water at a time to knead dough.
2. Cover and let this rest for about an hour and half.
3. Mix all the filling ingredients together. Divide the dough into 6 equal parts.
4. Make them all in shape of balls. Dust this with dry flour and roll out them in a small disc shape. Now fill in the onion mixture. And close the sides altogether and make the ball again.
5. Now dust this and roll it out in a thin disc shape and on hot tawa cook this for about 2 min by flipping it around from both the sides.
6. Make rest of the Kulchas in the same way.
Kulchas are ready to serve. Apply butter and garnish this with chopped cilantro or you can just have it as it is. Enjoy