Hello to all my lovely foodies. Hope you guys are doing Awesome. Well in my last recipe I shared how make Instant Dhokla. So when my Dhokla Batter was little left I still went ahead and pour it into my greased pan. And then I realized that it wasn’t enough, it would be a thin layer of dhokla. But being crazy and inquisitive I still kept it for steaming and then I thought why not to share with you this easy dhokla sandwich recipe. But wait a min there are so many sandwich recipe out there that I wondered what else I could do and make it different and innovative for you. So being a Chinese food lover I thought of trying the Chinese masala into the dhokla and make it grilled. And here begins the recipe of this yummy Dhokla Sandwich. So without me saying anything to you let’s start making Dhokla Sandwich.
- For Dhokla:
- Check my Dhokla Recipe
- For Chinese Filling Masala:
- 1 cup chopped veggies (onions, carrots, corns, beans)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp hot chili sauce or to taste
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Pinch of salt
- Butter for sandwich
- Green chutney (Coriander Chutney)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Now when it comes to making Dhokla, divide this batter into 3 portions and then take one batch and add soda while you hear water boiling. Cook it, now here the cooking time would be 5-10 min. Keep a check and insert the toothpick to be sure. Make all the 3 batches accordingly. We want a thin sheet but not too much thin. By looking at the picture you would know what size we talking about.
- Now when the Dhokla is cooled, take them out and with the help of a cutter, cut them into shapes (any- circle, square).
- Heat a pan and add oil, when it does hot add veggies and sauté for a min or 2. Next add in the sauces, ketchup and salt. Mix well and turn the flame off. Let the filling cools down completely.
- Take one side of sandwich apply the green chutney on it. Add the filling make sure it’s not too much. Next put another sandwich on it. Now apply butter to both the sides where it will be cooked. Put it on a grilling pan or panini maker and cook until golden brown in color.
Take them out cut it into half and serve hot with ketchup or chutney.
Hope you guys loved my recipe. Stay Tuned for another recipe coming up soon. Enjoy cooking…
Lots of Love … ☺