Hello, foodies hope you all must be enjoying this quarantine time with your family. Mother’s Day is here and this mother day let’s make something for our mommies, amma, aai. Till now our mothers have made food for us and till now even when we go home after having our own kids, our mom makes delicious food, not for us but our kids too. Let’s make something sweet for our sweet Mumma and yes something healthy for them too.
- 1 cup mawa
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup til / sesame seeds
- ½ cup granulated or powdered sugar
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- ¼ cup nuts powder (almonds, cashews, pistachios)
- Dry roast the till for about a min or until it slightly changes to golden. We don’t want to change the color but just roast it slightly so we can take out the moisture. If you wish to grind it you can do so at this stage.
- Heat a pan and add ghee and when it’s melted add mawa. Now roast until the mawa is all melted.
- Now it’s time to add til and nuts powder. Mix and cook until it all comes together as a dough.
- Turn the flame off. Make a hole and put the cardamom powder in it and cover the hole.
- Now let this cool down a bit and then add sugar. Give this a good mix.
- Rub some ghee on your palm and make small round balls according to the size you wish.
- Make remaining ladoo the same way.
Do not cover the lid of the container you put the ladoo in for about 4-5 hours. This ladoo stays fresh for about 15 days at room temperature and for about a month in the refrigerator. Make sure to store them in an airtight container.
Do give this recipe a try and I am sure your Aai would just love it and not just Aai the entire family will go wow. Well, this is a recipe made on Sankranti and in winters but sweets are for occasions so why to leave any excuse to not make them. I hope you will enjoy this recipe. Stay tuned for another one till then stay home stay healthy.