- ½ cup Lukewarm water
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Add yeast and sugar to lukewarm water. Now let it rest to proof. Approximately 5 to 10 mins. You will see the foam when the yeast is activated and proofed. Make sure to use yeast within 30 to 60 mins else it would bring that yeasty flavor in bread or pizza.
- Now add this to the flour with all the other ingredients and knead a dough. Stretch and knead for about 10 mins with your palm or about 5-7 mins in the electric processor.
- Now brush a deep container with some oil and put the dough in that container for about 2 hours at a warm place. Or for 7-9 hours in the refrigerator or in the freezer until ready to use.
- Pr_ Heat the oven at 400*F and punch the dough down to release the air. Now divide in 2 and make a round flat disc shape on a pizza pan or baking tray. You can either roll it with a rolling pin or can stretch with your hands and make it.
- Now with the help of a fork make pricks on it so as it won’t rise up. Bake this for about 7-10 mins. The baking time may vary depending on the size of the pizza base. It requires a min of 7 mins and max 12 mins. Make sure to keep an eye on it after 6-7 mins. It should be slightly golden brown from the bottom.
When the base is ready take it out immediately from the baking pan/tray. And let it cool down completely. You can store this in a zip lock bag or foil wrap it individually and put it in a container in the freezer for about a month.
Make your pizza bases in advance and enjoy whenever you feel like making pizzas 🍕
Happy Baking.!! Enjoy and stay healthy.. !!
Make sure to share with me a picture of your base would be happy and love to see them. 🤗