Hello and welcome again to this happy cooking place. So well this is not cooking in my kitchen.. because it’s already cooked 😂 while we all are at home let’s get back to what we love doing and we actually stopped. And why not, while we have our partners at home to share our work and look after kids, let’s get some time out for yourselves. My baby loves South Indian and my hubby does too (wow what a great pair they have made to make me cook South Indian) so I decided to make making something quick and got my hands on this recipe. Let’s begin:
- 1/2 cup suji (semolina)
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chili (I skipped it for my baby)
- 2 tsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 1/4 cups of water
- Oil to cook dosa
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and then add water. Whisk this good and if you prefer you can also add some finely chopped onions here. Cover and keep aside for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins stir the batter and ensure it’s in flowing consistency. If required add little water at a time.
- Next, heat a dosa skillet on high and now sprinkle some water to adjust the heat. Wipe it and pour the batter with your hands onto the skillet. You will see some net shape texture or some gaps in between and that’s what you need. So just sprinkle it over the skillet and add oil over and to the sides. Let this cook completely and you should see the color changing. It should be golden and crisp from the bottom. Do not touch until it’s cooked.
- Serve this right away. The hot and crisp dosa is a perfect snack or meal to go any day. And it’s healthy if you prefer to add wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
I hope you’ll like and enjoy this recipe. Till then bye and hope you all stay home and stay safe with your family and loved ones. See you all soon with another yummy and delicious recipe.