Hello, mommies and daddies hope you all must be doing good. As we all know it’s a lockdown and you can’t take kids out for meals. And I know by now you all must have kept yourself busy feeding something new to your kids. But what if I say to give your kid the same meal but in a different way. Yes, I did and my baby enjoyed his breakfast. So I made khichdi last day for lunch and usually I prefer soaking my lentils and rice. And then I chopped lots of veggies for which I had to cut down adding the lentils and rice to it. Now I soaked them till evening and made it to a paste. And then I thought I ended up giving him khichdi and we had lots of Uttapam and chilla days last week. Why not give him in a unique way that he would love to see and as well as love to eat. So here comes one of another healthy recipes for you all to make which is not easy and quick but healthy too. Let’s start.
- 1 cup mix lentils and rice (masoor dal, toor dal, moong dal)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ tsp finely chopped green chili
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped carrots
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- Oil to spray/brush waffle iron
- Soak the lentils and rice overnight or preferably 8 hours minimum.
- Drain all the water and grind it to a paste.
- Add the veggies and spices along with 1 tbsp oil into the batter. Whisk this batter for about a min.
- Now heat the waffle iron and spray or brush it with the oil.
- Once it’s heated add a ladle full of batter onto the waffle iron and cover and cook until it’s done. Waffle iron might show it cooked but would suggest cooking more for about a min or so, as we have not cooked the lentils and rice. It should be completely cooked before giving it to babies or toddlers.
- Once cooked completely you can take it out and make the rest accordingly.
Serve this with some ketchup or chutney. I hope you liked this recipe. Do give this a try and share it with your family and friends. Do share with me your comments below would love to hear from you all. Happy cooking and stay healthy.