Hey Foodies, I hope you all must be going well. Craving for something sweet, try this amazing recipe below of akhrot halwa. So this was made at Ramnavami. A healthy halwa and totally yummy.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mawa or khoya
- Sugar to taste
- Chopped walnuts and almonds to garnish
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 7-8 saffron strands
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- Soak walnuts in milk for about 2 hours.
- Grind it and make a paste.
- Heat a pan and add ghee. When it’s hot add the walnut paste and keep cooking until it comes to a soft dough texture.
- Add mawa and cook again for about 15-20 min.
- Now add sugar and saffron. Cook until it leaves the pan and also starts leaving the ghee. If you wish you can also soak saffron strands in hot milk and water and add it to halwa. You can use jaggery or brown sugar instead of normal sugar to make it more healthy.
- Now when it’s cooked turn the flame off and add cardamom powder and mix it.
- Garnish with chopped almonds or walnuts. Serve hot.
I hope you will like this recipe. It’s simple and yummy. While I get another recipe for you all meanwhile try this one and share with me your comments below. Stay healthy and stay home.