- ¼ cup poha
- 1 tbsp almond powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ cup milk
- 3-4 raisins
- ¼ tsp ghee
- Wash and soak poha in water for about 20-30 mins. And soak raisins for overnight or min 4-6 hours in warm water.
- Drain out the water and blend raisins, poha along with the milk.
- Heat a saucepan and add ghee. And just right when you see it’s melted add the mix.
- Stir it continuously and cook for about 5 mins after it comes to a boil on medium to low flame. Make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Right before turning off add honey and almond powder and mix it in. Stir and cool down to lukewarm.
Serve this to your toddler as it is or you can add some chopped fruits on top of it. This healthy porridge for your babies or toddler is amazing. As it’s very light on the stomach and easily digestible. It’s also rich in carbs and iron. It helps in maintaining the hemoglobin level. Also if you're giving it to babies less then a year it’s safe as it has less gluten so it prevents any food allergies. Make sure to add no nuts in baby food before they turn a year old.