Hey foodies, hope you guys had a good weekend. My Weekend was super good..! This weekend I have tried to make this amazingly juicy and crunchy paneer tikka recipe for you as I promised. Paneer tikka is itself a kind of delicacy. It’s Indian cottage cheese marinated in hung curd with some spices and then grilled or barbecue to cook it. When it comes to paneer tikka we are very picky. We wanted it to be perfect and great in the spices and flavor. I never tried this recipe as I was still looking forward to getting the right spices first. So now when I have my own Paneer tikka masala powder I thought to give this a try. And it turned out amazing. So let’s quickly dive in the recipe and see how to prepare this…
- 1/2 cup hung curd
- 1/2 cup hung Greek Yogurt
- 2 cup Paneer cubes
- 1 cup vegetable cubes (onions, bell pepper)
- 2 tsp paneer tikka masala
- Salt to taste
- Red pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- 2 tbsp cashew paste
- 2 tsp mustard oil
- Oil to coat or spray
- In a bowl add hung curd, hung Greek Yogurt spices (except salt), mustard oil and all pastes. Give this a mix.
- Add veggies and paneer and mix this again. I prefer to mix this using my hand to coat it evenly all over.
- Now check the taste and adjust the spices accordingly. But do not add salt until ready to grill.
- Cover and leave this for at least 4 hours to marinate.
- While ready to grill or cook, add salt. Mix all of this again with your hands and now arrange it in the skewers and coat it with some oil.
- Place this on the grill or grill pan and cook it by flipping it from all the sides until golden brown or little black crunchy spots on top.
Tadaaa.. !!! 🤗and our Paneer tikka is all ready to be served. Served this hot with some Chutney and salad. And to make it more yummy sprinkle some Chaat masala on it and a squeeze of a lemon wedge to make it perfect.
Do try this crunchy and juicy Paneer tikka Recipe and do share with me your comments below.
1. If you are using a grill pan, you will need little more oil to cook it so it won’t stick to the pan. 2. If you cooking it oven, brush the baking tray with oil and brush the skewers too with the oil and cook for about 15-20 mins on 350 degrees F. By flipping it in between. 3. Instead of cashew paste, you can use almond paste or melon seeds paste accordingly to you. Cashew makes it little rich in flavor so I always prefer to go with it. 4. If you want you can add color in the curd to make it look like restaurant one but I kind of prefer to keep it real and simple. 5. My personal experience here says always use the homemade curd and hung it in a Muslin cloth for 3-4 hours to get all the water out of it. I have tried using market curd but it didn’t turn out good. But you can use Greek Yogurt it’s best. 6. If you are using Greek yogurt still try to hang it before adding it to the marination. And reduce the quantity of tikka. 7. Do not always just use Greek yogurt it should be half and half. 8. You can always adjust it to the taste and add or reduce spices accordingly. 9. If you are using a Grill do not just put the Tikkas and wait for it to cook from one side. This would stick to the bottom and while taking out can break Paneer cubes. The best thing is to roll it in between even when you can’t see the black spots. You will gradually get it but don’t wait for it. Keep rolling so it’s cooked evenly and it won’t stick to the bottom and your paneer will come out as it is. 10. And the main thing. Always try to keep little big chunks of Paneer and veggies. Of course, it will cut down your time as well but also will let Paneer not to break while cooking. Hope you guys enjoyed my recipe. Stay tuned for another more delicious recipe coming soon on my page.! Till then eat healthy and delicious and always stay yummilicious.