Hey friends, Ganesha is at my home and today I am making this half and half modak, for my Ganesha.. what are you up to.? Try out this half chocolate and half coconut modak. After all, no Ganesha Festival is complete without modaks.
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 2 pinch cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (almonds, cashew’s, pistachios)
- 1 tsp clarified butter
- 1/4 cup mawa (solid milk)
- Heat a pan and dry roast the coconut flakes and nuts until golden brown. Take it out in a plate.
- Heat the same pan and add butter and solid milk. And cook this until it gets melted. Then add in the roasted coconut and nuts. And cook for about 2 mins on medium flame.
- Now add in the cardamom powder, condensed milk and mix this all good. Cook this again for about 2 mins on medium flame. And then let this cool down completely.
- Now take some mixture and make this in the form of modak. Make all the modaks this way.
- Now on the double boiler melt the chocolate. Line up the parchment paper in a plate.
- When the chocolate is all melted, dip each modak halfway and place this on the parchment paper.
- Let this cool down and set.
Serve this to the Ganesha first and then serve it to your guest ...
Enjoy and Happy Ganesh Chaturthi and Visarjan.