Ahaan.!! So here look at what did I got for you. A Sambhar recipe that too South Indian style. So let me not say anything and let’s quickly run through the ingredients and process.
- 1 cup boiled split pigeon peas lentil
- 1 cup veggies cut into big chunks
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Sambhar Masala
- 2 tsp red pepper powder
- 2 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 1 tbsp jaggery
- 7-8 cashews
- 1 tbsp clarified butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 2 green chili finely chopped
- 1-inch ginger grated
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
1. In a deep pan add in all the veggies along with the ginger and chili. Add salt and turmeric. Also 1/2 cup of water. And let this cook until veggies get tender.
2. Now add the boiled lentil. Give this a mix and let it comes to a boil.
3. Now add in the tamarind pulp and jaggery. Again mix it and let this simmer on medium flame.
4. In another pan add the clarified butter and wait for it to get a bit hot. Then add in the cashews and roast it until golden brown. Mix this to the Sambhar.
5. Now in the same pan add the coconut flakes. And on medium flame roast it until golden brown in color. Mix this to the Sambhar mix.
6. In the same pan add in the oil. Now when the oil is hot enough add in the mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida, and then Sambhar Masala and roast this on a medium flame for about 30 secs. Then add the red pepper powder and 1/4 cup water. Stir this until this forms as a paste. Make sure to cook it on medium flame.
7. Once it forms the paste add this to the Sambhar. Mix this and simmer this for about 15 min on low to medium flame with the lid on. So that the taste of everything gets mix up all together.
Hot Sambhar is ready to serve. Serve this with hot Idli, Dosa, Rice, Vada or Uttapam.
Hope you liked my recipe. Stay tuned for another delicious recipe. Till then bye .. cya all... Eat healthily and stay healthy...