Paneer tikka as I said is a delicacy by itself. Its yummy crunchy paneer marinated in yogurt and grilled on a charcoal grill to bring out the best flavor. The paneer which is little burnt when added to this masala gravy makes the taste amazing and give you that smoky flavor you get in a restaurant. So if you want to get that same restaurant taste in your homemade paneer tikka gravy do try this version of mine and stay with me till the end of this recipe. I have already shared the recipe for Paneer Tikka. Do check that recipe to make paneer tikka first before making the masala gravy. I will share the link below. So let’s see how to start with it.
- 2 skewers of Paneer tikka grilled/baked or cooked
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2-3 cloves
- 5-6 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 big black cardamom
- 2 dried red chili
- ¼ cup thick curd (prefer to use same marinated curd used for tikka)
- 1 medium onion chopped roughly
- 1-inch ginger chopped roughly
- 4 cloves garlic minced roughly
- 1 tbsp cashew powder
- 2 big tomatoes chopped roughly
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp red pepper powder
- Pinch of turmeric or just to give it a color
- ½ tsp crushed dried fenugreek leaves
- Chopped cilantro leaves to garnish
- In a blender jar add in the onions, tomatoes, garlic, and ginger and make a smooth paste out of it.
- Heat a pan and add oil. When the oil is moderately hot add in the whole spices (cloves, peppercorns, bay leaf, and cardamom) and red chili. Give this a mix.
- Now add in the onion-tomato paste and stir all together.
- Cover and cook for about 2 mins on medium flame.
- Add in the spices and mix all of it again. And now cook this gravy for another 6-7 Mins.
- Turn the heat off and take it off that stovetop and cool this a little bit.
- When it’s slightly cool add in the thick curd and cashew powder and give this a mix again. And now let this gravy simmers for about 10 Mins on medium flame.
- Now goes in the paneer tikka which is already grilled. Cover it with the gravy and turn the flame off. Cover and let it rest for about 5 Mins. This step would help you to get that smoky flavor in your gravy.
When ready to serve garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot with Rotis, Naan or Rice.
Hope you guys enjoyed my Paneer Tikka Gravy Recipe. Do give this recipe a try and do share with me your comments below. Would love to hear from each one of you out there.
Here are a few tricks to this Paneer Tikka Gravy: 1. Grill the tikka while your gravy is getting ready. So when you will add hot tikka to the gravy it would give you best smoky flavor in it. 2. Try to use the same marinated curd. Like when I marinate I make it some extra and when after skewing the veggies my curd is left I use it in my masala gravy. You can use this in any of your masala gravy which needs curd in it. 3. If you have cashew paste in the marinated curd you can skip adding cashew powder while making gravy. 4. If you don’t have charcoal grill still you can get a smoky flavor. You just have to heat charcoal, put it in a bowl, pour some butter/oil on it, place the bowl in the gravy pan, cover the pan and let it rest that way for about 5-10 Mins. See you got so many secrets now from me to make the right and perfect Paneer tikka. Get in the kitchen now and make this amazingly delicious recipe for your family right now. Stay healthy and eat healthy folks... Love to all...