Spinach is one of my most favorite leafy veggies and I just love eating spinach every day. So today I am sharing this Chole Palak Gravy which I made to go along with my Flaxseeds Fhulka. So let’s start cooking.
- 1 cups of Chole (chickpeas) boiled
- 1 cup spinach blanched and puréed
- 1 small tomato purée
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 tsp red pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp amchur powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 6-8 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 dried red pepper
- Heat a pan and add oil. When the oil is hot add cumin seeds.
- Turn the flame to medium as we don't want to burn out whole spices.
- Add in the peppercorns, cloves, bay leaf, and cardamom and give this a stir and add red dried pepper and curry leaves.
- Now add green chili and garlic paste and stir in for 15 sec.
- Add the spinach purée. Add salt and cover and cook for about 5 min.
- Now add the tomato purée and stir it good. Again cover and cook for about 3 min.
- Add the rest of the spices and chickpeas to this and mix it really good. Cover and cook for 5 min. In between keep stirring for once or twice. If you feel the gravy dries out you can always add little water or milk.
Hot pipping Chickpeas and Spinach Curry is ready to serve. This goes along with rice or any bread (Roti/Paratha). Enjoy and stay healthy. 🍽