Hey Foodies, do you love Badam Katli? Here is one instant Recipe for you all… Katli is always my most most most favorite sweet and not just mine but my husbands too. Whenever I make Katli I count and keep equal no. of Katli in two different Container, one for me and another for my husband so that’s how we don’t fight for the Katli. By now you guys must have got to know how crazy we are for eating Katli. And I am sure you guys would too get crazy when you will make it and taste it. So let’s quickly run through the process without wasting any single second.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tsp ghee
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- 6-7 saffron strands
- Heat up a pan and add sugar and water. Let this come to a boil.
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix almond flour and milk powder together.
- Add saffron strands and cardamom powder to the sugar syrup and give it a mix. Now add in the almond flour mix.
- Make sure to keep stirring and beak all the lumps if any. Stir it until it leaves the pan and form like a dough texture.
- To check you can apply some ghee on your fingers and take a very tiny portion of dough and see if you can make small balls of it. If it sticks to your fingers it's not done.
- Grease a plate or your working station with ghee and also apply some ghee on your rolling pin. Now bring the dough to the working station.
- Apply ghee on your palm. Knead this and make a round shape and flatten this now by pressing it with your palm.
- Roll it out until it gets thin Paratha size. You can roll as per the thickness you need for the fudge.
- Now with the knife or a pizza cutter cut this out as per your liked shape. And store it for about 10-15 days in an airtight container.
Enjoy and do give this a try.
1. If you think it will stick to each other in the container, then you can put a butter paper between each layer in the container and then it will not stick. 2. You can also add color to this to make it in different colors for your kids and parties.