JhanJhanaat Kothimbirvadi is the best evening snack or a morning breakfast… And it’s not just delicious and scrumptious but also very much easy to cook. So let’s see how to make this…
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1-inch ginger
- 3 green chilies
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp water
- 1 bunch of cilantro washed and finely chopped
- 1 cup of gram flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp or less red pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- Oil to deep or shallow fry
- In a mixture jar adds in the ginger, cloves, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies and 2 tsp of water and make a coarse paste.
- In a bowl, take gram Flour, cilantro, the coarse paste, sesame seeds, asafoetida, salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder, salt and mix everything all together. Need a dough. Add little water if needed. The dough should be semi-stiff.
- Grease a perforated tray. Heat water in the steamer. Now while water is coming to the boil, grease your hand with some oil and make a log out of the dough. Now keep it the tray and steam it for about 20 min on high flame. Or until the knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool down completely and with a sharp knife, cut it into pieces.
- Deep fry or shallow fry them, I choose to shallow fry it until golden brown from both the sides.
Serve hot and enjoy... 🍴