Hello to all my lovely foodies out there. So I hope you guys had a great Weekend and friendship day.. !! Well now as we all know that the season of festivals is going to start and we just can wait to celebrate each of them with loads of love and sweets. So here I am bringing to all those busy people out there this instant and easy sweet recipe which would go perfect with any festival or occasion. So why to talk much let’s jump to out yummiest Peda Recipe. Peda is basically Indian fudge made out of Ricotta, Milk, Saffron, Sugar to a dough consistency and then is rolled out in shape. So let’s begin making Peda…
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cup milk powder
- ½ or less sugar (to taste)
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp saffron threads
- 2 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp Ghee / Unsalted Butter
- Take a small bowl and add saffron and milk in it. Microwave for about 20 -30 sec and mix the saffron well into the milk.
- Heat a pan and add butter. When it’s melted add ricotta cheese and saffron milk & keep mixing everything until the water in it dries up.
- Now add in the sugar and cook until the sugar is dissolved and the watery part is all dried up and it comes to a thick consistency.
- At last, bring the flame to low and add in the milk powder little at a time and mix everything well so as there are no lumps formed. Also, add in the cardamom powder and mix all well.
- Check by taking a little dough in your hand to see if it’s not very soft and not very hard to make shapes of Peda. If it’s hard, add little milk and cook again to the right consistency and if its soft add little more milk powder to get the right consistency.
- If you feel it’s sticky add little ghee to bring the glow and to remove the stickiness.
- If the consistency is right turned the flame off and bring it off the burner. Now let this cool down to the room temperature.
- Grease your hands and line up the parchment paper or grease the tray you would put Peda in.
- Now take a tbsp or tsp of dough and start rolling it into the shape you want. Generally, pedas are always round in shape and flattened little with the hands.
- Also, make designs on the Peda of your choice and decorate with a slice of almond or pistachios like how you want it to be.
Your yummy Pedas are ready in no time and it’s so easy to work with. Go ahead and try this recipe and also share with me your comments below. Would love to hear from each one of you.
Stay tuned for many more upcoming recipes. Till then eat healthily and stay healthy. See you all soon with another great recipe. Lots of Love…!!!