Dabeli Pav is the most served Indian snacks at the Mumbai and Gujarat streets. It is basically spicy, tangy and sweet potato filling inside the bun and toasted with butter and serve hot with lots of sev. It’s very simple and easy to cook so without spending any single second let’s begin making.
- 6 Pav
- Garlic Chutney (dip)
- Tamarind Chutney (dip)
- Sev to sprinkle
- Butter to toast bread 🍞
- For dabeli Masala:
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp whole coriander seeds
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp red pepper powder
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- For filling:
- 1 potato boiled and mashed
- 1 sweet potato boiled and mashed
- 2 tbsp peanuts half or crushed a bit
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup sev
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- Water as required
- 1/2 cup onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- In a pan, first dry roast the whole dabeli Masala, roast everything except the red pepper powder. When it starts changing the color take it out in a plate and let this cooldown. Make sure to roasted this on a medium flame to get the aroma and flavor out of it.
- Now grind this in a grinder and make a dry powder out of it. Mix red pepper powder and keep aside.
- In the same pan add a tsp of oil and roast the peanuts. Roast on a medium flame until it gets golden brown. Now take this out in a bowl.
- Heat the same pan and add remaining oil. No need to wait for it to get hot, just add the dabeli Masala and stir it for about a min. Now add potatoes & sweet potatoes and mix everything well.
- Add tamarind paste and about 3-4 tbsp water and give this a good mix. Now add the salt and cook the mixture for a min or two.
- Turn the flame off and take the masala out in the same peanut bowl. Now add in the cilantro and give this a mix.
- Add onions and pomegranate seeds on the top and allow it to cool down to the room temperature.
- Sprinkle the sev on the top of it.
- Cut the Pav into half, apply garlic Chutney on one half and tamarind Chutney on another half. Now fill it with the potato mixture and cover it.
- Heat a pan and grease it with some butter. Now toast the dabeli Pav from both the side on the pan until a slight change in color. And now take it out to your serving plate and serve hot.
Sprinkle it with the Sev or you can simply apply it some over the sides so as it gets stick to the potato mixture. Now serve hot and you need not need anything to go along with this. This taste very well and delicious just as it is. So enjoy and make sure to write to me how your dabeli turned out. Hope you liked my recipe. Do share and comment and stay tuned to make your life more delicious with me... ☺