Who Loves Mango..?? Of Course everyone.. Summers is all about Mangoes after all mangoes are the best thing happened in summers. It beats right with the heat and provides a refreshment. It fuels up the energy and boost the power in us. I have childhood memories attached to mangoes. We as a Marwadi have a festival called “Nijala Ekgyaras” and on this day we are allowed to eat as many mangoes as we can throughout the day. So we eat mangoes, we eat ras puri, we drink mango shake, we eat mango ice cream. Simply it’s all mango thing we eat or drink the whole day. And so it is always been my fav day in the whole year. So today I am sharing with you this very simple and easy Ras or Aamras Recipe. I know it’s easy and simple but many people have doubts to get it the right way. This Ras can normally be used for eating with Puris, Rice, Roti or Plain Paratha. You can also use this for making the desserts. I am surely going to get some yummy mango dessert recipes make with the Ras.. So for that you guys need to stay tuned. Well coming back to the recipe.. Lets begin to make it..
- 2 mangoes
- 4 tbsp sugar or adjust the sweetness
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ghee
- Little water for Ras
- Wash and soak the mangoes in the hot water for about ½ hour or for an hour.
- Now with the palm roll the mangoes on the working station of your kitchen or you can simply press it gently all over with the help of your fingers. This would help pulp to get out easily from the mangoes.
- Now in a bowl take out the pulp and keep the skin and seed of mango in another bowl. Repeat this with the other mango too.
- Now add little water on the skin and seed and rub it good so extra pulp would easily get off in the water. Squeeze them out and add this water to Ras.
- Add sugar and ghee and blend this to a smooth paste in a blender jar.
You Aamras or mango pulp is ready. You can use it any way you want it to.. Hope you guys enjoyed my recipe. Stay tuned for many more upcoming recipe. Till then see ya… Hope you guys have a great time making this Ras. Do share with me your comments below. Eat Healthy and Stay Healthy.
Lots of Love..
Buy the right mango to get this recipe right. You can use Kesar Mango, Alphonso Mango or any other mango. But while buying try to smell it and get sure its sweet from inside. If its little bit of sour it wont turn out good. So the trick to right mango pulp is the right mango for it.