Hey my Lovely foodies… Hope you guys are doing great. Here I have this very Delicious and scrumptious recipe and its Aloo Tikka Masala Gravy. You guys might have heard about Paneer Tikka and Paneer tikka Masala Gravy, but when you think different and use basic from kitchen you cook your tikka masala gravy with yummy Aloo. Aloo is a basic ingredient found at anyone’s kitchen. Yesterday well I was wondering what to cook for dinner I couldn’t find enough veggies in my refrigerator and there was this tikka masala resting in my fridge. I wanted to use it but since I didn’t had paneer or tofu I was wondering what else could go with it… And here I found Aloo… So I thought why not to roast or shallow fry aloo and use aloo tikka to make aloo tikka masala. And the result is with you all, it’s yummy, inviting, tasty, and very much easy. My husband didn’t knew what it is but when he took the first bite he was very much happy and said, ‘Wow, it’s very much delicious yaar. It’s like paneer tikka, but there is no paneer so what is it” and when I told him it’s Aloo Tikka Masala Gravy he was amazed. Do try this recipe at home and do surprise your loved ones with this different tikka masala gravy and share this recipe to make it a hit.
- 2 potatoes peeled & chopped in circular shape (if it’s too much big to eat cut that too in half)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes pureed
- 5 tbsp hung curd
- 1 tsp Paneer tikka masala powder
- ½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- ½ tsp red pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 6 tbsp oil
- Whole spices ( 3- cloves, 8-10 peppercorns, 1- black cardamom, 1- bay leaf)
- 2 Whole dried Red pepper
- 1 tsp cashew powder
- Heat a pan and add oil. When the oil is hot add chopped potatoes and fry them until golden brown. If using grill brush them with oil and grill until golden brown.
- Take them out and in the same pan with the remaining oil let’s look gravy. Heat the oil again and it should be very hot. Now add in the whole spices and turn the flame off. Cover and let the flavor of spices get infused in the oil for about 2 min. Take out all the whole spices.
- Heat the pan again there should be some oil left if not add some. Now when the oil is hot add dry peppers, garlic, green chili, ginger and stir for a sec. Throw in the onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Time to add in the tomato puree. Mix and cover and cook until tomatoes are cooked altogether and all the water from the gravy is evaporated.
- Turn the flame off and take it off that burner. Let this cool down for 2 min and then add hung curd, cashew powder and spices except the salt. And mix all of this together. This step is important because if the gravy would be hot and curd it added the tomato tangy taste and juice can curdle the curd. And we don’t want that to happen.
- Now put this back to the burner and turn the flame on. Cover and cook for about 10 min, while stirring in between. When you see it has started leaving the oil from the sides it’s the time to add the potatoes and salt.
- Stir, cover and cook for another 5 min. So that the potato absorbs the flavor of the gravy and it taste the best.
Your yummy and tasty Aloo tikka Masala gravy is all ready to be served with Roti, Paratha or Naan. Do try this and share with me your comments below. I would love to hear from you guys. Stay tuned until I get another delicious recipe for you all. Till than eat healthy and stay healthy.
Lots of Love…