In my last post I shared Apple Cake Sticks with you so I though why not to make a carrot cake for you. Carrot cake is a simple soft spongy and moist cake which has lots of carrots grated in it. Trust me it taste best as it is, I didn’t applied cream and decorated it this time. You can make this cake in advance and serve as an evening snack with tea or can also serve it as an appetizer for your get together. Learn with me how to make this yummy and delicious Carrot Cake. So lets dive into the recipe to get started.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp orange extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 cups finely grated carrots 🥕
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
1. In a bowl mix flour, baking powder and baking soda together and give this a mix.
2. In another bowl take eggs and with the help of electric beater, beat the eggs.
3. Add in the sugar and beat again until sugar mixes with the egg.
4. Add the oil, zest and extract altogether and beat for about 3-4 mins or until you see the creamy or fluffy kind of texture.
5. Now fold the flour mix in 3 batches to the wet ingredients mixture.
6. Lastly add the carrots and fold this again.
7. Bake this for about 55 to 65 min on 350 degree F in a preheated oven.
8. Cool down completely and serve.
1. Make sure to keep a close eye after 45 min. Time varies from oven to oven. Mine took exactly 55 min to bake. 2. To check insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean it's done. 3. After 35-40 min cover it with foil paper so as it don't get dark from the top.