Hey all foodies, How are you all doing today? Do write me below.. Well today I am making this Black Forest Cake for my Sister in Laws Birthday. Black Forest is a very popular German Cake. It’s basically a sponge chocolate cake covered with a layer of cream and cherries in between and on the top is a forest of Chocolate. It’s a delicious cake can be enjoyed any time of the year. This was the staple cake we use to bring for any birthday. And it’s been very long I haven’t tried my hands on it. So here I tried it and thought of sharing my recipe with you all. Basically I make sponge cake using egg but today I thought of trying an eggless version of this. So here is for all those foodie lover who don’t eat eggs. Try out this eggless cake and use this cake just like it and enjoy with your evening tea. Or use it as a base and make different types of Cake with it.
- For Cake:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For Decoration:
- 1 can cherries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 tsp sugar or to taste for cream
- 3 tsp sugar for cherries
- 1 tsp for syrup
- ¼ cup or as required chocolate shaves
- Chocolate decorations (optional)
- Sieve together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda thrice.
- Whisk butter until fluffy and next add in the condensed milk and whisk together.
- Now goes in the milk and vanilla extract and whisk everything altogether.
- Next add flour mix in 2 batches and fold it in.
- Grease a pan and add the batter to it. Bake this in a Preheated Oven on 350 degree F for about 25-30 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Take out the cake and let this cool down completely.
- In the meanwhile strain the cherries and store the water.
- Add all the cherries to a pan (save some for decorations) and add half of it's water and sugar and cook until the sugar is well dissolved. Cool down completely.
- Now in another pan add the remaining water and sugar to make syrup. Let the sugar dissolve and let this come to a boil. Now cool this down.
- Whisk the cream on high speed until soft peak is formed.
- Now unmold the cake from the tin or cake pan and carefully cut them in 2. There should be 2 cakes at the end.
- Put one cake and apply the sugar syrup over it. Carefully apply all over it but do not make it drenched. We need to make it moist. Now here it's up to you how much moist you want the cake to be. For me upto 4 tbsp of syrup was enough.
- Next apply the cream over it, now put the cherries on it. Put it all over it and not just in the centered. Be patience and work carefully, now hurry here.
- Now once the cherries are place it's time to put another cake layer on it.
- Repeat - Sugar syrup, cream and now apply the cream over and to the sides of the cake.
- Refrigerate the cake for about 10-15 min before starting the decorations.
- Now with the piping bag make some flowers on the top. Put one cherries on each. Sprinkle chocolate shaves all over it and to the sides. And that's it!!!
So the Black Forest Cake is ready.. !!! 🙂
Enjoy this cake with your loved ones and do write me below your experience while making the cake. Also share with me how you make eggless cakes and share with me all you want to say. Would love to hear from you.
Love to All <3