Panjiri is a bowl of healthy and highly nourishing snack or sweet. This is generally made for new mothers or for sick people or those who actually need to put on some weight. But this can also be made for normal people like me who just love to snack on some good and healthy food. 😋😜 since it’s high on calorie and packed with the nutrients of Ghee and dry fruits, I love to make this in winters or while the winter is right about to end. So this can provide strength to the body to fight with the cold and flu and other infections which happens generally in this weather change. So let’s quickly dive right into the recipe and see how to make this.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 tbsp gram Flour
- 1 tbsp semolina
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup melon seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup flax seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup edible gums crystals
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp Carom seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup fox nut (makhana)
- 1/2 cup jaggery sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar/ coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Ghee
1. Take a heavy bottom pan. Now dry roast fennel seeds, Carom seeds, flax seeds, melon seeds. Just roast them till they are little hot and then take them out in a plate.
2. Now add Ghee and fry almonds, cashews, raisins, Fox nut, and edible gum one at a time and then take them out in another plate.
3. In same Ghee now add wheat flour, gram flour and semolina. And roast them while continuously stirring it for about 15-20 mins or until you see it has changed to a darker color.
4. Turn the flame off and take it off from the hot stove top. And now let this cool down a little bit.
5. In meanwhile crush everything in a blender jar you dry roasted and then the things you have fried. Mix this to the flour.
6. Check if the flour mix has cool down. We just need it to get to the room temperature where if you put a finger in it it’s hot but bearable. By this time add the sugar and ginger powder and mix everything really well.
7. Your Panjiri is ready to be served.
Now either you can make Ladoo’s out of it. Or you can also make barfi by setting it in a container or just have it as it is.
This stays fresh for about a month and half if it has not come in contact with water. So make sure you do not touch it with wet hands or 🥄 wet spoon.
Enjoy this delicious and nutritious recipe right from my kitchen to yours. Hope you like it. Do give this a thumbs up 👍🏻 and also share it with your friends and family.
Stay healthy and eat healthy. See all soon with my another great and delicious recipe.
1. You can always adjust the quantity of Ghee as you want. If you want to make it with less Ghee you can definitely. But make sure the Ghee is not very much less that your Panjiri turns out to be very much dry. 2. I have added chia seeds and flax seeds to it just to have benefits from both the seeds as we have them in our diet. You can always skip it. 3. I have used 3 types of sugar, basically I wanted to cut down on granulated sugar so I added coconut and jaggery sugar to my Panjiri but you can use just one sugar to it. 4. I have fried almonds, cashews, raisins and Fox nut here. You can just dry roast them crush them and add. But you have to fry edible gums. If you want to skip on gums you always can.