Hey foodies .. Today I am bringing to you this Methi Malai Corn Recipe.. Which is made with richness of Cashews, Cream and Fenugreek leaves. It’s a very popular North Indian gravy. It’s basically a twist to the regular recipe of Methi Malai Paneer. It’s very easy to cook and creamy to enjoy with roti or 🍚 rice. So let’s quickly dive right into the recipe to see what you need..
- 2 cups fresh fenugreek leaves (washed and chopped)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup/can corn kernels
- 2 small tomatoes puréed
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cashew paste or powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper powder or adjusted to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds powder
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- 4 tbsp oil
1. Heat a pan and add oil. When oil is hot enough add onions, ginger and chili paste. Sauté for about a min on high flame until translucent.
2. Now add fenugreek leaves and give this a good mix. Cook this for a min.
3. Now add the tomato purée and stir it in. Cover and cook on medium flame for about 8-10 mins. If needed stir in between.
4. Now add in the spices, cashew paste and cream and give this a good mix. Cover and cook for about another 10 mins on medium flame.
5. At last add in the corn kernels. Mix all of this again and cover and cook on medium to low flame for about 15-20 mins. This will help kernels to absorb the flavor from the gravy. At this time you can taste and adjust the spices in the gravy.
Your hot creamy Methi Malai Corn is all ready to serve. Enjoy 😊 this hot with Roti or Rice. Hope you guys enjoyed my recipe.
Stay tuned until I get another yummy recipe for you all. Till than eat healthy and stay healthy.
If you don’t have fresh fenugreek leave you can use dry fenugreek leaves. Either just crush them and use them or else soak them into water for about 20 mins and use it as fresh leaves.