This recipe is a must try. It’s lightly spiced Paratha made with flour, fenugreek leaves and spices. The secret to this tasty Theplas lies in the aromatic spices we add and the dough we knead. So let’s begin making this flavorful theplas.
- 1 cup methi leaves (fenugreek leaves)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup besan (gram flour)
- ¼ cup bajra flour (pearl millet flour)
- ¼ cup jowar flour (sorghum flour)
- ½ inch ginger grated
- 1 or 2 green chilies finely chopped or crushed
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 to 5 tbsp yogurt
- Water or Milk to knead dough
- Oil for cooking theplas
1. Rinse methi leaves in water and drain them and chop finely. Now keep aside.
2. In a big bowl, take whole wheat flour, gram flour,pearl millet flour and sorghum flour. Now add all the spices and herbs. And add the chopped methi leaves and mix everything well.
3. Add curd and mix again and knead a dough while adding little water at a time. As methi leaves will leave some water so you really don’t need much water to knead dough. Cover and let this rest for about 20 mins.
4. Make medium sized balls from the dough. Take a medium sized ball and sprinkle some flour on it and with the rolling pin begin to roll the thepla. Roll the thepla to a round of about 5-6 inches in diameter.
5. Now on a hot tawa place the thepla. Flip when one side is partly cooked and spread oil on this side. Flip the thepla again.
6. Now spread the oil on this side and flip a couple of times till you get golden spots on methi thepla.
7. You can also press the thepla with spatula while cooking. Remove the cooked thepla and make rest of the theplas in the same way.
8. Serve this methi theplas hot with pickle or Chutney.
Hope you guys enjoyed my recipe. Stay tuned until I get another delicious and yummilicious recipe for you all🤗... Till than eat healthy and stay healthy. 😊
Do share this recipe with your friends and family and Do let me know your comments below 👇🏻 😊
1. If you want to store it for long time I highly recommend you to knead it with milk and not water. 2. If you are planning to serve thepla later or to store them for coming days do cook it well with the oil. If you cook with less oil it won’t stay soft. So to keep thepla fresh and soft do cook it with good amount of oil.