Hey foodies, here is another delicious recipe for you all… It’s Dum Aloo.. Small baby potatoes boiled and cooked in flavorful tomato and curd gravy and garnish with fresh cilantro. This very quick and a perfect recipe for your dinner/lunch/party or any other get together.
- 7-8 baby potatoes
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 2 green chili finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 4 tbsp oil
- 3-4 peppercorns
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 big black cardamom
- 2 tbsp thick curd
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Cilantro leaves chopped to garnish
1. Boil the potato when they are half cooked. And then peel them and keep aside.
2. Make purée of tomatoes and keep aside.
3. Heat a pressure cooker and add oil. When oil is hot add whole spices (cloves, peppercorns, big cardamom).
4. Now add in the asafoetida and then add tomato purée. Cook it for a min and now add rest of the spices and curd and keep whisking it for 2 mins.
5. Now add in little water or milk to make little gravy and add potatoes. Mix it good and cover the lid.
6. Pressure cook it until you hear 1 whistle and leave it on the same burner until the cooker gets cool down.
7. When it’s cool open the lid and check potatoes. If you still feel it’s not cooked just cook this without lid for about 5 more min on medium flame.
8. Garnish cilantro leaves. And serve hot with rotis.
Hope you guys enjoyed my recipe. Do try this and share with me your comments below. See you soon with another great and delicious recipe. Till then enjoy. Eat healthy and stay healthy. 😋
When you add curd to tomatoes you need to keep whisking it else it may curdle.