Hello foodies, here is a very healthy and delicious Dhokla recipe for you all.. Nothing can be more delicious than this snack… after all it’s made with the moong Dal lentil. It goes perfect for your evening snack, morning breakfast, and party appetizer.. So let’s see how to make this..
- For Dhokla:
- 1 cup split yellow moong lentil
- 3-4 green chili
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of red pepper powder
- 4-5 tbsp lemon juice
- Water to make batter
- 1 sachet of eno/ picot powder (1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp ginger roughly chopped
- For tempering:
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tsp sugar
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 7-8 curry leaves
- Coriander leaves chopped to garnish
- Pinch of salt
1. Soaked the lentil in the water for overnight.
2. Next morning drain all the water and in the mixer grinder mix lentil, salt, ginger, red pepper powder, turmeric, sugar, lemon juice, green chili and blend this all really good.
3. Add little water at a time if you find it difficult to blend or blend half lentil first and the rest half later. Make sure the batter is neither flowing consistency nor very thick.
4. Now heat water in a steamer and grease the steamer plate with the oil.
5. Add eno or picot powder and mix this in the same direction and mix until you see the batter gets fluffy and increase in volume.
6. Pour the batter to the steam plate and steam this on high flame for about 20 min. Or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Take this out and let this cool down completely.
8. Let's prepare the tempering. In a glass add sugar, lemon juice, salt and water and stir everything well until it dissolves.
9. Heat a tempering pan and add oil. When the oil is hot add mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves. Wait for a second and add green chili and cook it for few seconds. Now add the lemon water and let this come to a boil.
10. Reduce the flame to low and let this simmer for about 15-20 mins.
11. In the meanwhile cut the Dhokla in squares. After the lemon tempering is prepared turn the flame off and let this cool down completely.
12. When tempering is cooled pour it over the Dhokla. Garnish this with cilantro leaves and cover it and let this rest for about 30 min.
Serve it and enjoy. Hope you enjoyed my recipe and do give this a try and share my recipe with your friends and family.
It's a simple and easy and a healthy recipe to make well in advance....
See you soon with another delicious and tasty recipe on my page. Stay tuned and stay healthy..