Hello friends, today I am presenting before your a very easy and quick idli recipe.. Never wait for your Idli Sāmbhar hunger.. Go now and make it right now… And this instant idli is perfectly tasty, delicious, soft and spongy.. So get into the kitchen and make this with me…
- For idli:
- 2 cups of semolina
- 21/2 cups of water
- 3/4 cup curd
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tbsp citric acid
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 green chili finely chopped
- 1 tsp of ginger finely grated
- 5-6 tbsp grated carrot or any veggies of your choice
- 5-6 curry leaves 🍃 chopped or crushed
- For tempering:
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp oil
1. Mix the semolina, curd, water and keep aside. Leave it for 15 mins.
2. Next mix the other ingredients and give this a good mix. Make sure there is no lumps formed. It should be semi thick batter. Add in more water if required.
3. Meanwhile take a tempering pan. Heat up the oil. When the oil is hot enough add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to crackle add this to the batter and mix it.
4. Now in idli maker pour in a ladle full of batter and steam it for about 15 mins on high flame.
5. Take it out, cool down for some secs. Take out the idli and store it into a casserole or hot tiffin.
Your instant idli is ready to serve. Serve hot with Chutney or Sambhar. Enjoy 😊🍴🍛
Tempering and veggies are totally optional, you can also pour the tempering after the idli is done. But I kinda like some tempering inside the batter so I generally prefer putting some veggies and tempering into it.