Summer is full of lassi, chaas, Dahi, and raita is also one of them. So let’s make this healthy raita to serve this in our summers lunch box to our kids or husband.. This is not just healthy but filling too.. So why not to make this..
- 1/2 cup carrot grated and boiled until done
- 1 cup curd
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp clarified butter
- 4-5 basil leaves chopped
- 1-4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
1. In a bowl beat the curd and water together.
2. Add in the salt, cumin powder, basil leaves and carrots shredded and whisk this all good.
3. Heat a tempering pan and add in the butter. When the butter is hot enough add in mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds starts to crackle add this to the raita mix.
4. Refrigerate until chilled.
Serve this with hot Paratha, Pulao, Biryani or just as a dip with pita chips or any other chips..
This is so refreshing in the summer that nothing can beat this.. Go ahead and give this a try.. Share with me your comments below and stay tuned for another great recipe..