Hey lovely foodies here is yet another healthy snacky recipe for all you guys. Try out this beetroot tikki for your next party. you simply make tikkis and serve this as it is with chutney or you can make tikki chaat or even you can use this healthy tikki for ragda chaat. There can be a lot of variation with the tikkis in chaat. And in fact you can enjoy eating them between your burgers. so what to wait for try now and share this with all your lovely friends out there.
- 1 beetroot
- 1 potato
- 2 bread slices
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1/2 cup semolina to coat patties
- Oil to shallow fry or deep fry
1. Boil potato and beetroot to 4-5 whistle in a pressure cooker. Let the cooker cool down and then peel beetroot and potato and mash it with the masher.
2. In a mixer grind all the spices, ginger and chili to make a fine powder. Add this to the mashed mixture.
3. Now roughly crumble the bread with your hand and add this also to the mashed mixture.
4. Give everything a good mix and make small patties with the hand.
5. Coat this with the semolina and shallow fry them until golden brown and crisp.
Serve this hot with Chutney or ketchup and you can also use them as patties in burger or make Chaat.