Nukti are the small boondi made out of gram Flour and milk batter which is then fried in butter and dipped in sugar syrup. It’s the most oldest and popular sweet from Rajasthan. My childhood have a sweet memories with Nukti and Pakodi.. It’s a perfect sweet to be made at any occasion… Making this is such an easy and simple thing that you would not believe until you give this a try…
- 2 tbsp gram Flour
- Milk to make batter
- Clarified butter to deep fry
- 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup and 2 tbsp less water
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- Nuts to garnish
1. Heat the butter in a pan.
2. While the butter is getting hot let's make the batter. To make batter add little by little milk in the gram Flour and make a smooth batter out of it. Give this a good whisk. It should be a lump free batter.
3. When the butter is hot enough, pour in a ladle full of batter onto the sieve. And it will automatically drop little boondi out of it. Fry until golden brown.
4. Take them out on the tissue and fry rest of the boondi same way.
5. Mix sugar and water and let the sugar melts. When it melts wait for it to boil. Once it starts to boil, turn the flame to medium and allow it to cook for 2 mins or so. We are not looking out for any string consistency here.
6. Now turn the flame off and add in the cardamom powder, nuts and fried boondi. Mix gently.
7. Allow this to rest for about 15-20 min. Boondi will soak the syrup.
Your Nukti is ready to serve. Store it into the air tight container and eat this for about 3-5 days...
Hope you enjoyed my recipe. Stay tuned with me to get another delicious recipe..