Paneer Makhani is a slightly sweet creamy dish of paneer. Indian cottage cheese is simmered in tomato, cashew gravy, and served with some topped milk cream with rotis, naan or just with plain rice. It’s also commonly known as Paneer Makhanwala. So let’s get right into the recipe.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 inch ginger roughly chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- salt to taste
- 4 cups finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 cup paneer diced into cubes
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp honey or sugar
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red pepper powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp dried and crushed fenugreek leaves
1. Heat kadhai on medium flame and add 2 tbsp butter. Once the butter melts, add onions and cook until translucent.
2. Add ginger and garlic. Fry them along with the onions for about 30 seconds or so and then add cashews and tomatoes. Continue cooking it till the tomatoes turn soft.
3. Take it off the heat and let this cool down completely. Once it has cooled down, grind them to a fine puree. For a smooth and silky texture, pass this puree through a sieve.
4. Now heat kadhai with remaining butter and add the sieved puree to the kadhai and add milk. Bring this mixture to the boil.
5. Now add salt, honey, cardamom powder, red pepper powder, fenugreek leaves and garam masala to this gravy and mix well. Let the gravy simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add in the Paneer cubes and fold it in really good. Cover and cook for about 15 mins.
Paneer Makhani Gravy is all ready to serve. Serve this hot with some garnished fenugreek leaves. Serve hot with rotis or naan.
Hope you guys enjoyed my recipe. Stay tuned until you hear 👂 another delicious and yummilicious recipe from me.
Till than b bye and yes eat healthy and stay healthy.