Paneer is a very common cheese used in Indian cooking. It has high protein and calcium. You can make lot of variety with Paneer like the one which I shared – Butter Paneer, Mutter Paneer, Paneer Lahori, Paneer Makhani. But today I am sharing with you this Paneer Lababdaar Recipe. It’s easy and yummy to cook. So let’s begin making this delicious recipe.
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup water
- 1 fistful of Cashew nuts
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- 3-4 cloves
- 5-6 peppercorns
- 4 green cardamoms
- 4 red chilies
- 5 tbsps oil
- ½ cup onions very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 ¼ tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp red chili powder or to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- ½ tsp kasuri methi crushed
- 1 cup paneer cubes
- 2 -3 tbsp Cream to Garnish
- Fresh chopped cilantro leaves to Garnish
1. Add tomatoes, red chilies, cashews, cinnamon stick, cloves, peppercorns and cardamoms to a pan and add water. Now cover and cook until tomatoes and spices turn soft and pulpy.
2. Cool this and blend to a smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger garlic paste, green chili and saute till the raw smell of garlic goes away. This takes about 1 to 2 mins.
4. Now add in the onions and cook until translucent.
5. Pour the tomato and spice puree to the pan.
6. Add red chili powder, salt, coriander powder and garam masala. Mix everything well and cover and cook for about 5 mins on medium flame.
7. Add sugar and give this a good mix. Cook covered on a medium heat until the gravy thickens and you see traces of oil over the gravy.
8. At this time you can taste and adjust salt and spices according to your taste.
9. Now take kasuri methi and crush this between your palms and add it to the gravy. Mix again and cover and cook for about 10 mins.
10. Add in the Paneer cubes. And coat it in the gravy. If you feel Gravy is very thick add milk. Cover and cook for 5 mins.
Your Paneer Lababdaar is ready to serve. Garnish this with some cream and cilantro leaves and serve hot with Roti, Naan or Rice.
Hope you guys enjoyed my recipe. Stay tuned until I get another delicious recipe for you all. Till than eat healthy and stay healthy. Enjoy 😊