Hello folks, today’s recipe is the shaan of Jodhpur. Yes and its Gulab Jamun Sabji. You will not find this Gulab Jamun Sabji and Kabuli rice anywhere in Rajasthan except Jodhpur. This delicious and yummilicious Sabji is made with Gulab Jamun dipped in the gravy and served with rotis or rice. By making Gulab Jamun you can make 2 things. The sweet Gulab Jamun and the curry. I know you guys must be in the dilemma that how Gulab Jamun Sabji can be made but yes we are so creative that we have used fried dry jamuns to make gravy. And the fried Gulab jamuns are enough to tempt me.. So without talking much let’s start the recipe and trust me the end result is worth it..
- For Gulab Jamuns:
- 1 cup khoya
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Oil to deep fry
- For gravy:
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/2 cup cashew paste
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 2 green chili finely chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 onions chopped in big size
- 1/2 cup Paneer chopped in cubes (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- Red pepper powder to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 6-7 peppercorns
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 bay leaf 🍃
1. To make Gulab jamuns, mix flour and khoya and knead it together for about 5-7 mins.
2. Heat oil and make small round jamuns and fry them until golden brown on medium flame.
3. To make gravy heat butter. When it’s hot add cumin seeds, peppercorns, cloves and bay leaf. Stir and then add ginger, chili and garlic.
4. Stir it all again and cook for a min. Now add the curd and cashew paste. And to this add the rest of the spices. And cook this all on medium flame for about 15 mins.
5. Now add the onions and let this cook with the gravy. Cook it for about 10 mins. Then add about 1/2 cup water and mix this and let this come to a boil.
6. Turn the flame off and now add the paneer cubes and fried Gulab jamuns and cover this and let this sit for about 5 mins.
7. Garnish this with chopped cilantro and serve this hot with the roti and rice.
Hope you enjoyed my recipe. Stay tuned and Stay healthy.. 🍴
1. If after 5 mins also your jamuns are not soft in the gravy, just cook it until it comes to a boil. 2. You can also make it like without onion and garlic by just skipping it out. 3. Paneer and veggies are add to increase the quantity of the gravy. If you want to make it simple just go ahead. 4. If you do not want the whole spices you can always skip them.