Who loves Pickle..?? Summers have started and it’s time to start making pickles. Pickle is basically an Indian condiment served with plain meals to enhance the taste and flavor of the good. its a mixture of spices and veggies into oil. Raw Mango Pickle, Mix Vegetable Pickle, Lemon Pickle, Garlic Pickle are some of the types of very famous pickle from Indian. Every region in India has its own version of making. It’s a perfect condiment to go with Roti, Sabji and Dal, Dal and Rice, Khichadi and Papad.
- 10-15 green chilies
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
1. Crush the chilies in the crusher jar or you can chop them very finely.
2. In a pan dry roast the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds. And allow cooling down completely.
3. Now blend it to a coarse powder and bring it out in a wide bowl.
4. Mix chilies and the rest of the ingredients altogether. Make sure to make this in a glass bowl or container.
5. Cover and keep it on the counter for about 8 hours.
6. Fill it into the glass pickle jar and keep it outside in the sun for an hour or just leave it in the kitchen for another 8 hours.
7. Enjoy this with your simple meals and you can either just leave it out or you can also refrigerate it. Since its made up of raw ingredients it will stay good for long long time.
Hope you guys enjoyed my Pickle Recipe. Stay tuned for many more upcoming recipes. Do share this with your friends and family and start making your life much more delicious with me. While I Sign Off from here you guys keep enjoying this recipe and stay healthy and happy.
Love to all...
Try to use Mustard Oil for the Pickle. It brings out the best flavor from it and its healthy to eat.