Panna Cotta is an Italian dessert, which is molded and chilled and served with some toppings or flavored syrup on top. It’s basically made with cream which is sweetened and thickened and gelatin is added to it to give the right texture. This can be made which either cream or curd. It’s all up to you how you modify it to your version and taste. I have basically made the Panna cotta which curd and topped it with the saffron and pistachios syrup to give it and Indian hint. So to try my version of Kesar Pista Panna Cotta lets dive in the recipe and see how quickly and easily it gets ready.
- For Panna Cotta:
- 1 cup whisked curd (yogurt)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 1 3/4 tsp gelatin
- For syrup:
- 7-8 saffron strands
- 1/4 cup water
- Pistachios to garnish
- 3-4 tbsp sugar or to taste
- 2 tbsp honey 🍯
1. In a pot mix cream, sugar and milk and let this come to a boil.
2. In meanwhile add water and gelatin and stir until dissolved.
3. When gelatin is completely dissolved add it to the milk and stir until it’s all mixed. Just get one boil and take it off the heat.
4. Bring it to the room temperature and now add in the yogurt and give this a good mix.
5. Pour this into the mould and keep it in the refrigerator for about 4-5 hours or I would say overnight.
6. Now when the Panna Cotta base is chilled it’s time to prepare syrup. To make syrup add water, sugar, and saffron to a pot and bring this to a boil. Now add in the honey and give this a good mix.
7. Take this off the heat and bring this down to the room temperature.
8. Either take out the base and pour the syrup on it or simply just pour it over the chilled Panna Cotta in your serving glass or bowl.
I prefer pouring it directly into my serving bowls and keeping it in the refrigerator to chill for about 2-3 hours. It will help the flavor to be infused totally into your Panna Cotta.
Yippee a delicious recipe is ready to serve. Hope you guys enjoyed. Stay tuned and eat healthy. See you all with another great and delicious recipe.